Thursday 31 March 2011

Thankful for God's grace!

As you know I'm at risk of redundancy but equally so are the 20+ people in my team.  So this week I am having to spend all my time completing matrices to see who in my team scores the lowest and in effect loses their job.  It's a very time consuming process where different areas of work hold different weightings (dependant on what the company deems to be most important) and is a very unpleasant task.

I think very highly of my team and wouldn't choose to have any of them lose their job.  However, unfortunately when cuts need to be made we have to then start weighing up who deserves their job more than the next person... who can contribute more... who has the best attitude etc etc.

It's got me thinking this morning how thankful I am that God isn't like that!  Thankful that I know that God created us in His image, that He loves us more than life itself, that He would do anything for us (even sending His son to die a painful death so that we could have eternal life).  I am so thankful that I know that my Father God loves me despite my failings... despite the fact that I often have a bad attitude... that I don't always do what I'm meant to do... that I regularly get jealous of others... that I so often fall short!

Nothing I can do will make God love me any less... when I grieve He grieves with me, when I am joyful He is glad for me.  I am so very thankful that God's ways are not our ways!  His way is always a way of grace, forgiveness and love :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment