Friday 17 June 2011

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

I've written a lot recently about overcoming fears as this has been a key thing in my life recently.

As I've mentioned I need to have daily injections to thin my blood whilst I'm trying to conceive.  I started out last week absolutely terrified of the thought of daily injections but knew needs must and got myself to the nurse, each day fighting against my will which was screaming internally for me not to go!

For people who don't have a phobia of needles you may be reading this thinking what is the big deal... but for me even having an injection is a major achievement.  (I've had a severe phobia of needles since a bad experience when I was about six years old).  It might be an irrational fear but it is a real fear!

I've gradually been getting better as the week went on and so yesterday after my injection I got myself thinking, what if I could do it myself?  I've been pondering this overnight and made the decision this morning that I would give it a go.

So this afternoon I've been to see the nurse and asked if I could do it.  I shakingly took the cap off the needle and hovered over my skin willing myself to do it and in my mind reciting the verse 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me' (found at Philipians 4: 13).  If in my heart I believe that then I need to act it out!

It took a couple of minutes for me to build myself up to it but I successfully put the needle in and gave myself the injection (with a little bit of help and encouragement from the nurse)!!!

I am coming to realise that God doesn't let us harbour our fears forever, He gets us to face them head on so we can overcome them.  This feels shocking at the start of the process but hopefully by the end feels exhilirating and brings freedom!  Thankfully also, He doesn't make us do it on our own.  God is our biggest supporter, cheering us on and encouraging us.  I still hold some fear of needles but as I face this fear each day it is starting to fade!  Praise God!!

I pray today that you would seek God's love and encouragement to help you face your fears.

2 comments:

  1. God is good!! And good for you girl!! :) So proud of you!! All the best - and I hope & pray that ur early BFN does in fact turn into a BFP ... our God is a big God... and all things are possible!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the much needed encouragement and support! :-) Had a bit of a weekend feeling discouraged but need to remind of God's goodness and that he has a perfect plan for my (and your) life! Will be praying for us both today!

    Thanks again! xx

    ReplyDelete